martes, 8 de mayo de 2012

Hey there,
It's been three days since my arrival to Malawi, and I am having a great time here.
I am staying in Lilongwe, the capital city, in the volunteering teaching camp.
There is a notorious average of young volunteers, rather than senior participants.
Since i'm twenty years old, I quickly got a place among other volunteers, and already made some friends.
Life here is pretty rough, I like that.
I did this trip, on one hand, because I wanted to assume Spartan conditions of living. To make me realise how we can sometimes live in a ridiculous, unnecessary luxury; how we can waste spendings on pointless gadgets when people here see primary needs as wealth. I wanted to feel the consequences of those acts that I sometimes made without thinking and to realise my inconsciousness.
People here are so kind and considered, their culture learned them to be greatful without even receiving anything in the first place. Nothing to do with people back there where i come from, America.
"The American dream": pff... yeah, right. We would be living in a such better world if all the people were like Malawians. I've been introduced to my students by the Principal Khumbo of the primary public school of Lilongwe. Kids are all very respectful and sweet. I've been learning a lot when teaching or playing along with them. I teach one-hundred-and-twelve childrens, including the whole grade. I think that, to be among those students and getting so much experience, is a wonderful chance.
I really hope this working environment will last.
I'll be posting more about my staying here in Malawi.
Until then, cheers.  
  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario